Monday, December 6, 2010

Top-20 Countdown - No.15



Stratos - no.15: Robyn - Body Talk


Robyn released three albums with the same title this year, Body Talk parts 1 & 2 and this one which contains five tracks from pt.1, five from pt.2 and five new ones. To me it seems this is the most representative of her releases this year so I picked this for my list. I love her sound, her voice, her attitude, yet she always seems to be just a small step behind in her personal stuff compared to what she does working with artists like Kleerup or Röyksopp. I still can;t believe we only got to listen to her voice while waiting in-line to enter Athen's Olympic Stadium when she was Madonna's support. She's a firm favourite of mine - just keep on dancing!

My Screw magazine review for this album, published in issue no.23 (December 2010):

She became famous with the exceptional "With Every Heartbeat" in 2007. We saw her as the support act in Madonna's concert in Athens. This year she decided to release three full albums titled Body Talk, having of course her own recording company. The last one of them just came out and is essentially a concentration: five track from I & II each and five new ones. Rhythmic and dynamic tracks that get you up for dancing like crazy till falling exhausted on the dance floor. Ignore her at your own peril.  
Selections: Indestructible, Dancing On My Own, Hang With Me.





Giannis - no.15: The Radio Dept-Clinging To A Scheme



No comments:

Post a Comment